.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

TonyGuitar

Electric Vehicles, EV, hybrid, hybrid vehicles, clean energy, green power, solar power, wind power, Bloombox, home based power, fuel cell, wind generator, incentives, rebates, government, government policy

My Photo
Name:
Location: Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Separation?

Love it!

Quebec citizenry not quite so gullible now. Thank heaven.

I always wondered how my part of the Saint Lawrence Seaway was going to be refunded back to me here on Vancouver Island. My part of Quebec hydro too.

I didn't think the Americans would allow the refund of any National assets in Quebec. Hydro Quebec [Labrador], and the Seaway are their Eastern seaboard lifeblood.

The CIA would have assignments galore to deal with in Quebec.

I am from Ville St. Pierre / Montreal West and I know the mixed folks, French and others are friendly, good natured, and every inch Canadian.

As usual the rascals in the wheel- house are the ambitious problem, and want to jump from canal- pilot to ocean captain status overnight.

My friends in Quebec have a great sense of humour, but also a love of red tape.

Borders between Ontario and Newbrunswick would be real friction zones. Travelers would be red in the face as they worked through paper work , paid duties and fees, while guards quipped jokes and chuckled.

What a happy relief that separatism has cooled in Quebec.

Now we have to treat Alberta with consideration and respect.

Many Albertans are madder than a stampede bull with a too tight strap.

They have lots of reason to be mad as hell.
The Libscammers mismanagment of US diplomacy and the locked down border against live Alberta beef and the perception of being robbed by Ottawa.

Let's hope you can find good reasons for your list to keep Alberta Canadian.

73s TonyGuitar at BendGovernment.blogspot.com

See Barbara Kay at ProudToBeCanadian.ca No Separatism

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian C said...

Tony,

You sound like quite the intelligent guy. From smalldeadanimals, you may be aware that I have defended Alberta's place in confederation but obviously Ottawa's leering at our prosperity is making us nervous.

I think Albertans only want to be treated fairly and be involved in discussions that affect Albertans. Albertans are willing to share in its prosperity with equalization payments but if we give even more to Canada, I think Albertans have a right to ask "Are we getting enough of a benefit from Canada to warrant the $3000 ($2952 in 2004 I believe) net loss per Albertan taxpayer every year?" At $3000, the answer is yes but at $5000? $7500?

BTW, I think most people realize the the mad cow problem is with R-CALF, not the Canadian or U.S. governments. This organization knows how to use the U.S. court system. Eventually, Canadian organizations such as the beef and lumber organizations will need to do the same.

2:28 PM  
Blogger FotoMan said...

I've been to Canada a few times. Mostly with my son for hockey tournaments. We always had a great time. I always viewed Canadians as like us (midwest US), maybe a little more laid back. But I've never understood the separatists. I guess I understand the French vs English issues and the language differences (which is why I support making English the official US language), but the idea of Alberta leaving is new. Is it just a national way of blowing off steam? You occasionally hear someone in the US talk about seceding, but it is usually someone trying to be funny. I guess we've had our experience with this and it was painful.

I know living next to the US must be like living with an elephant, but around these parts we look upon Canadians with respect and as good friends and neighbors (even if we don't alwys act that way).

By the way, thanks for the email Tony.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Bloggers